a. By using the Services, you hereby license to Local Pickins, so long as you are a registered user, the ability to use the information we collect from you for Local Pickins’ internal use. This means you still own your information and that we will not sell or rent this information to anyone without your express consent to do so. We only have access to and collect information that you voluntarily give us via the sign-up process, your email(s) to us, or other direct contact from you, so if at anytime there is information that you do not want to share with us, please do not do so or please cease using the Services.
c. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to respond to inquiries about content of the Services. As per our Terms of Service and in order to cooperate with legitimate governmental requests, subpoenas or court orders, to protect our systems and users, or to ensure the integrity and operation of the Services and the services we provide, our company, personnel and our systems, we may access and disclose any information we consider necessary or appropriate, including, but not limited to, IP addresses and traffic information, usage history, and posted material or content.
4. Your Access to and Control Over Information.
a. As noted above, you may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on the Services:
i. See what data we have about you, if any. ii. Change/correct any data we have about you.
iii. Have us delete any data we have about you.
iv. Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
a. We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Services, your information is protected both online and offline by our security protocol.
b. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
c. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
6. Registration. In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information. This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. Information we collect includes: username, password, gender, date of birth, current location, photo(s), interests, and instant location when posting information. Some of this information may be optional nature, so if at any time you do not want to disclose the information to us, please cease using the Services.
7. Cookies. We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
8. Third Party Links and APIs. The Services contains links to other third party websites and also uses application programming interfaces (“APIs”). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these websites or APIs. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the Services and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Local Pickins is not liable and cannot be held liable for your use of any third party website or APIs.
9. Children’s Privacy. Local Pickins advocates for monitored use of the Internet by children. With that in mind, we do not knowingly collect or otherwise solicit information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow any such individuals to use the Services. The Services and its content are not designed or directed towards children under the age of 13. In the event we have accidentally collected the information of an individual under the age of 13 with parental consent, we will delete such information as soon as possible. If you are aware of any information we may have about or from an individual under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.