Barking Dog Chocolatiers is a small artisanal chocolate company whose mission is to make you smile and drool. They handcraft all products, all profits are donated to a charity called SupportWorks, and everyone is a volunteer. Joal and Debbie have been making chocolates and pastry in Charlotte since early 1997. They concentrate their studies on chocolate chemistry, recipe development, flavor blending, candy design, and basic techniques such as tempering, framing, molding, and panning.
A seasonal farm stand, May to September, where volunteers gather to sell local, organic and homemade offerings and parlay them into abundance and awareness for the Urban Ministry Center and support for the homeless. Shop for delicious homemade baked goods, farm fresh eggs, flowers, honey, prepared foods and other delectables! Look for the red pick up truck!
With the help of hundreds of volunteers we prepare and deliver thousands of meals each day to those that are homebound suffering from an acute illness.
Make automated monthly gifts through a credit or debit card and become a Monthly Meal Make
Kitchen Wish List:
Be a Pie Seller
“Friend” Community Servings
|Spaghetti Sauce||Stainless Steel Cleaner|
|Iced Tea Mix||Office Supply Store Gift Cards|
|Mushroom Soup||Home Improvement Store Gift Cards|
|Coffee||Trash Bags (30 and 55 Gallon)|
|Pancake Mix||Toilet Paper|
|Parmesan Cheese||Glass Cleaner|
|Grocery Store Gift Certificates||
Donate bulk items
Sponsor a food drive: Food drives can help provide much food for Cor Unum, and are easy and fun to coordinate. Organized by individuals, families, churches, work places, and communities, food drives promote hunger awareness while helping those in greatest need.
Celebration Cards: Are you uncertain what to get someone for a birthday or special occasion? Why not make a donation to Cor Unum in that person’s name, so that hundreds of people may share in the celebration.
Be an Individual Volunteer
Coordinate a Corporate Team Program
Food For Free has rescued fresh food—food that might otherwise go to waste—and distributes it within the local emergency food system where it can reach those in need.
Contribute needed items by calling 978.610.6086
Donate food through the Greater Boston Food Bank's Virtual Food Drive. Money generated goes towards purchasing food at wholesale prices.
Sponsor a food drive and contact the Food Drive Coordinator at 617.427.5200
Facilitates the recovery and distribution of perishable and unserved foods that would otherwise be thrown away and wasted. We deliver this food directly to local crisis centers, soup kitchens and other social assistance entities.
Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® strategy provides that access to families all across the nation, so that every child, regardless of circumstances, can get the healthy food they need to thrive.
Participate in a Taste of the Nation Event
Host a Great American Bake Sale
Join Dine Out: No Kid Hungry September 18-24 2011
Enjoy famous chefs for A Tasteful Pursuit in your area
Download the Cooking Matters Recipe Collection
Their mission is to grow a thoughtful and productive community of youth and adults from diverse backgrounds who work together to build a sustainable food system. Each year, they work with over 150 teenagers and thousands of volunteers to farm on 40 acres in eastern Massachusetts in the towns and cities of Beverly, Boston, Lincoln, and Lynn. Food grown at The Food Project farms is distributed through their CSA program and farmers' markets, and donated to local hunger relief organizations. The Food Project CSA program has on-farm seasonal pick-ups at their farms in Lincoln, Lynn, and Beverly, as well as box shares that they deliver to pick-up locations in the greater Boston Metro area (including sites in Arlington, Brookline, Cambridge, Jamaica Plain, Roxbury, Somerville and Wellesley).
Dudley Town Common Farmers' Market, Roxbury
Egelston Farmers' Market, Jamaica Plain
Ingalls School Farmstand, Lynn
From the creator of King's Kitchen, Jim Noble Restaurants has created a bakery that will allow them to expand their efforts to raise money to feed the poor. They make all of the fresh breads and desserts for Jim Noble Restaurants in one location, plus they expanded their offerings to include sandwiches, breakfast items and fabulous breads in a retail setting.
Urban Roots is a youth development program that uses sustainable agriculture to transform the lives of young people and increase the access to healthy food in Austin. Each year, they have a goal of growing 30,000 pounds of produce; 40% of the harvest is donated to local soup kitchens and food pantries and the other 60% is sold at farmers’ markets, through their CSA program and wholesale.